Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Walks to Remember

So, remember when the weather was nice a few days ago? Well, as soon as the temperature hit 45 Madelyn and I started going for daily walks! We would walk all over the city. It was even better when Brian would occasionally leave his schoolwork to come on a nice two hour jaunt with his girls! Seriously, I know Madelyn looked forward to our daily walks!! We would talk about the trees, leaves, homes, fowers, etc. that we'd see along our way. Madelyn would wear her adorable sunglasses and smile the entire way!!


The walks were so refreshing and nice!! Somehow, as we were walking, we would always end up at the Provo Bakery. I have no idea how it happened, but everyday my subconscious would lead us to the little building which holds so much goodness. So it became a tradition that at the end we would stop in the delicious bakery and grab a delightful bran muffin (it might sound healthy, but trust me, its not!). The bran muffins are seriously the most amazing baked good ever crafted!! I am obsessed with them! The three of us (Brian, Madelyn, and me) would wake up each morning and count down the hours until we could go on a walk and end up at the bakery. But then it all changed...


That's right...the weather turned absolutely frigid and it even started snowing!!! The daily walk ritual was foiled. Madelyn and I now just stare out the door longingly. We ache to be out in the fresh air with the sun beating down on us. Its so sad! Well, not being one to admit complete defeat, I decided we should still have our bran muffin -- we'd just drive to get it!! Obviously we couldn't get one Sunday. They were closed on Monday. And Tuesday, to our horror, they were sold out. Sad, I know. I guess we should learn something from this experience. My guess: a bran muffin NEEDS a long walk in order to be had daily. I guess we'll just wait for the sun to come out again...

4 comments:

*Meg Larsen* said...

...and then, as you head out for your walk, you'll come knock on our door and take us with you! Scotty and I spend hours randomly wandering around Provo and I would love the company :o)

and Madelyn's sunglasses are ridiculously adorable! she's gearing up for summers at the pool...

Mimi Collett said...

Madelyn looks so cute in that picture! Oh my goodness! Sorry about the bran muffin drought!

Susan said...

Katherine Celeste!!!! I MUST have a copy of this picture of the most adorable baby ever to be born!!! It is so darling!!! Promise me??? I love this post so much! I can almost imagine myself going on those walks with you and Madelyn! I would SO love that.... (and a delicious bran muffin would be pretty yummy as well!!!)

Debbie said...

I found your blog! Yay!