Monday, February 9, 2009

Madelyn's First Pedicure

Today Madelyn and I went up with Erin Roundy to Salt Lake for the Lewis Lunch Bunch with all of the senior missionaries from Nauvoo! South even showed up to brighten the day as well (for those single men out there, you'll be glad to know that South has become available again!). Lunch was a blast. Its so fun to see all of my adopted grandparents. For most of them, it was their first time meeting Madelyn; consequently, she was passed around quite a bit! I think she started getting a little overwhelmed at the end because she became a little fussy!! Anyway, we love our Nauvoo friends. It was a great outing for us. We thoroughly enjoyed the car trip with Round too!!

Tonight we came home and Madelyn took a bath and then had her first mini-pedicure ever! I just put her lotion on and rubbed her little feet and then painted her toe nails...well, I ATTEMPTED to paint them anyway! She had a really hard time holding her little feet still and consequently the polish went ALL OVER! I was laughing so hard because not only was it all over her foot, but it was all over my hand. Sadly, we have to wait until she stops sucking on her hand before we can paint her fingernails. I don't want her ingesting all that polish!!


Fortunately the right foot turned out a little better than the left foot.

It was such an adventure, but her little toes are so adorable like this! I can hardly stand it!

2 comments:

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

K so did I know you had a blog? i don't think so!!! but maybe i did? i didn't think i knew, but then some of these pics look familiar? who knows, but i'm glad to see it now! wow...it's been a long day...

Arnell Family said...

HAHAHA! I'm laughing so hard right now. Look at Madelyn's foot! It is covered in Nail Polish. You are so cute to paint her toenails, she is a doll! I can't wait to meet her. We need to get together soon missy! Have a great day. Kim