My parents were here (Grandma and Grandpa Tjarks) last week and it seems that we had more "blogging moments" than usual. I guess they just help make things happen! Here are a few of the main highlights!
First, a couple of weeks ago, Madelyn discovered her thumb!! We have mixed emotions about it. On one hand, it helps her self-soothe easier! On the other hand, we may have serious orthodontic consequences in the future!! Nevertheless, we can't seem to stop it. She's found it and she LOVES it!
Second, after weeks of trying, Madelyn finally took a bottle when my mom fed her. It was a miracle. She is still not sure how she feels about bottles and sometimes she needs a little reminding, but she is so much better than before. This makes me feel so liberated. I don't always have to be the one who wakes up and feeds her in the night. Brian and I can go places for more than an hour and leave her with a babysitter. Its great!!
Third, and this relates to the second, she took a pacifier for the first time ever!! She sucked on it and would not let it go! It has only happened once and we haven't been able to get her to do it again, but at least it happened once!! YEAH!!
Fourth, Brian, Joel, Lindsay, my dad and I all went to the most amazing Jazz game of all time!! We saw the Jazz vs. Celtics on Thursday night and it was incredible!! We got to sit in the second row of the upper bowl and they were GREAT seats! The Jazz were down the entire game except for in the last four minutes or so and then they pulled out the win! It was unbelievable!! I think we all lost our voices the next day because of all the yelling we did! Go Jazz!!
Fifth, Madelyn had her three month photo shoot where she took some of the cutest baby pictures of all time! We loved every minute. Unfortunately, Brian had class and couldn't be there with us. It was just Madelyn, me, my mom and my dad. We started out with Madelyn in two different little dresses but she wasn't very happy. Then, when we took off her clothes, she perked right up! Consequently, most of the pictures are naked, but she's only three months so its no big deal, right? In the end we loved nearly ALL the pictures because she's just so darn adorable! I can't wait until we can go back and take family pictures!! I'll attach some of my favorites!



This one (above) is my favorite because I think she looks like a ballerina. She's just getting ready for her pirouette!
We LOVED having Grandma and Grandpa Tjarks here and we can't wait to see them again soon!
3 comments:
I'm happy for you that she will take a bottle now! The pictures turned out great. Where did you get them taken?
I love the Ballerina one too!
Janice, we had the pictures taken at Portrait Innovations at the Riverwoods Mall. They have a great special where you get a 10x13 and like a million other prints of one pose for only $9.95!
Post a Comment