Wednesday, May 26, 2010

5 years ago...

Before there was this

or even this


there was this


with them.


Its hard to believe that five years ago I was in the MTC meeting these beautiful girls! We spent the next 18 months working SUPER hard and playing hard as well! They and others quickly became some of my dearest friends! So, here by popular demand are a few video clips of our time together! :) Keep in mind that all of the clips are of us playing...I'm sure it was not appropriate to film us working in the visitors' centers.

We occasionally found a little time at night to dance. I'd just like to know what Buck, Round, and Hacker are talking about in the back because Buck keeps touching Hacker's hair.




We also made time for wrestling (also known as letting South beat up whomever she was up against).



This one is probably one of my favorites!



Finally, the sisters also made moving interesting! I love TyChico in this video.



Here are a few other random pictures that I hope you'll enjoy!

My second summer back, my trainer came to visit with the man she would later marry. I love this girl!!


I can't believe how young we all look in these pictures! I think we were squishing Round!


Occasionally my camera would disappear and I would later find little gems on it like this one!


Greeting at Rendezvous!


Doing the Nauvoo hoedown!


Meeting Julie Beck at Rendezvous!


Did I mention that I also learned how to drive a horse and buggy as a missionary?!


This was the only picture I could find with everyone from my second summer. Unfortunately I can't find ANY from my first summer.


Joel came to visit when he got home from Brazil! It was such a great surprise!


Finally, the beautiful temple that I would fall asleep looking at through the window of my bedroom.

Now, it looks like all I did was play, but my mission solidified my testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ and His gospel. Daily, I am grateful for the experience I had.

5 comments:

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

THANK YOU for those videos! they were amazing ha ha ha

Christin said...

You win those video's were AMAZING! I love you! Thanks for posting

Susan said...

This entire post made me smile!!! Thanks for the post!!! I love those girls as if they were my own daughters too! Maybe because they are my daughter's sisters!!! :) I love love love how close you all remain!!! :)

Starlee said...

Fun post! It reminds me that I'm getting old and really growing up . . . BEFORE you went on your mission 5 years ago, you were at my wedding. I still feel so young, but time is passing by so quickly :) Let's get together again soon.

Rachel and Vico said...

What a sweet tribute to your mission! I loved it!