Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Colorado

I know I promised to have some photos from our stay in Colorado, but it just seems daunting to tell you everything that we did while we were there so here are just a few pictures to explain our time. Sorry!!

This first picture was taken before we left. I made the family do a good deep cleaning of our entire Provo apartment and Maddie especially enjoyed cleaning out the fridge! I just had to show you her sweet little smile!


Brian got an amazing birthday gift from Pops and Fay while we were there. They gave him this great backpack to take Maddie around. Additionally, they live near a large field with lots of hills for Brian and Maddie to hike. Maddie loves the backpack just as much as her dad!

Maddie loves her "Papa B" for many, many reasons. The fact that he was always ready to share his ice cream may have been a big one!

Maddie also loves Fay. She had a lot of fun being the boss in Fay's chair. I don't think Fay got much work done at home while we were there!


Maddie was frequently seen walking around the house in "Papa B's" hat.



Every morning and evening Pops would go out to feed the horses and Maddie ALWAYS made sure she was ready to go with him. She loves the horses and would stand by the door and cry "Neigh! Neigh!!" when we didn't let her go out with him.
One day she got lucky enough to ride on the "Ta Ta" with Pops. She still asks for "Papa" whenever we see a tractor in Provo.


She also got to ride the horses for real with Pops. I think this was the happiest day of her life!



In the end, she was brave enough to ride the horse all by herself! Brian and I are bracing ourselves for the day she tries to convince us she needs her own horse.


Each time she went to feed the horses she had to push this serving cart to the other end of the porch. Then, on the way back inside, she would push the cart back.


While in Denver, Maddie participated in Kindermusik. She LOVED it! If you have any children under 7, I strongly recommend enrolling them in one of the classes. They have them all over the country! Anyway, one of the things that we did in Kindermusik was take "hayrides" on blankets so here is a photo of Maddie and Brian practicing at home (Sorry that the photo is sideways)!


Pops and Fay own several acres of land in Cuchara, CO, which is in the mountains of southern Colorado. One weekend we drove down to their cabin and spent a very relaxing weekend. There was a lot of snow there still, but the view was beautiful as always. In the summer, the meadow is green and there are often elk and other wild animals roaming. Its a great place to go if you need a break from the bustle of the city.

Needless to say, we had a WONDERFUL experience in Denver. I wish I had a photo of Brian at work, but you'll just have to imagine it! We are so grateful to Pops and Fay for the hospitality they showed us.

3 comments:

Christin said...

Oh my goodness I love all of her little faces, so glad your back!

Susan said...

What great memories you made there! She may not remember it on her own, but she will love these pictures of her with her great-grandpa and great-grandma. So fun! I know that Pops and Fay will ALWAYS treasure that time you spent with them! :)

andrea said...

LOVE Pops and Fay!