One of the first things we decided to do was to take Madelyn to the San Diego Zoo. She had so much fun walking around and seeing all of the animals. This girl is not afraid of anything and she wished she could be inside the cages WITH the animals!
Maddie loves her Uncle Trevor and he is so good at playing with her and making her laugh. Here they are together on an iron tiger or something...(Can you tell I'm not very good with my animals?)
Madelyn also really enjoyed her trip above the zoo in the "Skyfari." She would watch over the edge of the cart and say "Oh! Oh!" and point to different things. It was so much fun!
Madelyn thought the zoo couldn't get any better--and then she found the petting zoo. There were several sheep and tons of goats for her to "pet" and try to talk to. She LOVED it! She could've stayed there all day! I'm sorry I don't have a better picture of her experience here!
I wish I was better at taking pictures. I thought I had a lot more. I know her Grandma Cheri took many more photos so hopefully I'll get those and be able to post them soon!!
Another day we went to the Seaport Village in San Diego right by the docks. There was plenty of shopping, walking and fun snacks! Here are a few photos!



Finally, Brian figured out how to take videos on our camera!! I'm so happy because before now we've had to carry our video camera and digital camera everywhere! Maddie was obsessed with the pigeons at Seaport Village and she would chase them everywhere--which also means we chased HER everywhere! She insists that birds say "baa" and not "tweet" so if you listen closely you'll hear her baa-ing at the pigeon. Its pretty funny, but I'm not sure what it will take to convince her of the sound birds really make. Believe me, we've tried!
Another day we went to the Seaport Village in San Diego right by the docks. There was plenty of shopping, walking and fun snacks! Here are a few photos!
We found this amazing swing and when we have our own porch, we're buying it! It was just so comfortable!
Brian took Madelyn on the carousel. I think she was a little nervous being up there at first, but she quickly perked up and started to smile and wave each time she came around.
This last picture is NOT at Seaport Village, but I just feel like you need to see it! Whenever we go shopping, Madelyn INSISTS on helping to push the cart. In fact, if she could see where she was going and steer it, she wouldn't need our help at all! Its pretty funny and we get a lot of comments about "training [our] child right!"
Finally, Brian figured out how to take videos on our camera!! I'm so happy because before now we've had to carry our video camera and digital camera everywhere! Maddie was obsessed with the pigeons at Seaport Village and she would chase them everywhere--which also means we chased HER everywhere! She insists that birds say "baa" and not "tweet" so if you listen closely you'll hear her baa-ing at the pigeon. Its pretty funny, but I'm not sure what it will take to convince her of the sound birds really make. Believe me, we've tried!
I'll post more pictures from our amazing vacation a little later!
2 comments:
Oh my gosh!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting these photos!!! Seriously, the BEST part of my day!!! I love that baby so much--and her parents, of course! So glad you had such a good time, and SO glad you're almost ready to go back to real life so we can video chat!!! I've missed you!!! :) I love you all! MWAH!!!
Looks like fun! Madelyn is getting SO big!
Post a Comment