Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow Day!

For two days we have watched the snow fall tirelessly here in Utah. Madelyn enjoyed watching it come down and she kept reaching for the falling snowflakes. So, this afternoon it finally stopped snowing and the sun started peeking through the clouds, and Madelyn and I decided to brave the elements and play in the snow! It took us about 20 minutes to get her all dressed up for the snow! She just didn't know what to think of the many layers of clothing we were putting on her!




After she was dressed, we went outside! I put her down in the snow and she just wasn't sure what she was supposed to do (not to mention the fact that she could hardly move a muscle through all the clothing). So she just stood for a long time. Occasionally she would look up and me and then back down at the snow. I tried to show her how to play in the snow, but I had spent so much time getting her ready that I wasn't wearing any snow clothes myself! Needless to say, my efforts were in vain.



So then I thought maybe her little feet were getting cold from being in the snow. I picked her up and she laid back like she wanted to lie down. I just let her lay in the snow thinking she would roll around or do SOMETHING, but no. She just stared up at me.


I took this as my hint that she was done with the snow and took her back inside. At least she looked super cute out there! It must've been a more exhausting experience than I thought. As soon as I got her snow clothes off, I found her like this.



6 comments:

Merry said...

She's so cute in that 2nd picture! This makes me think about kids in China. They are dressed quite warmly almost all year round. I think it actually prevents them from learning to walk as soon as they normally would, because of how difficult it is to walk in all of that gear!

Liz G said...

Ha ha good old Maddie. She knows that snow isn't all it's made out to be. Much better to watch it than be in it. Love her little snow outfit!

Beverly Rice said...

HAHAHAHA!! Oh my goodness!! I could not stop laughing!!! What a great story! She is taking after her CA dad and here CA great-aunt! She gets it! Sun is much more fun! I loved the pictures! I love that little girl!

Christin said...

So cute! I love all of the clothing.

Heindogs said...

aw! way to cute for words!

Susan said...

I love this story! I love these pictures! I LOVE THIS BABY!!! I laughed and laughed and then I called Dad to tell him to read it! Then I made everyone in the party group come and read this blog post and we all concluded that Madelyn is the cutest baby of all time!!!! (OK, maybe that was MY conclusion, but they certainly all agreed! Right? Love, love, love the Hazen family!!! MWAH!!!