Wednesday, January 20, 2010

California Style: Disneyland


While at our resort, Brian and I let the company try to sell us a timeshare (they're pretty convincing too! To quote my mom, "Those people could sell ice to an Eskimo!"). We were fortunate enough to get out without signing our names to anything, AND we walked away with 1 FREE Disneyland ticket and 1 half-price ticket! So, that's right! We spent a total of $35.50 on two tickets to the happiest place in America! We went and it truly was a MAGICAL experience! We got to the parks around 10:30 AM which we've learned is like the greatest time ever because we basically had the park to ourselves! As soon as we walked in, we saw Mickey Mouse!! I was so stinking excited! I insisted we have a family picture with the icon! Madelyn fell in love with Mickey. After we took our picture, she kept walking into other peoples' pictures trying to say "hello" again!


Just moments later, we saw Donald Duck and Madelyn could not have been happier! Ducks are probably her FAVORITE animal and she could not stop quacking while he was around. Fortunately, Donald was in a good mood (you know how he can be crabby sometimes) and even gave our little quacker a big kiss before we left! It was so cute!


We had so much fun here! Brian and I were surprised at how much we were enjoying our time. I think its an entirely different experience when you bring your own child to Disneyland!


Cheri and Trevor met us at the park a little later and we went on several rides (Space Mountain--one of my all time favorites). Madelyn had a hard time identifying her FAVORITE ride, but she really loved Pirates of the Caribbean (because she could dance to the music and see a dog) and Its a Small World (Mom, I know this makes you SO happy). Below is one of my favorite pictures of Madelyn and Brian on Its a Small World. I think Madelyn looks a lot like Brian in this picture.



After a few rides, I wanted Madelyn to meet some of the princesses. So, they have three princesses behind a wall and you stand in line and then get individual time with whichever princesses are back there. This was probably the lowest point of our day because we waited 45 minutes and then only got to see Snow White, Mulan, and Ariel (with legs, not fins). I was really hoping for Cinderella, Belle, or Sleeping Beauty which made things even worse. Brian was so annoyed that I made everyone wait that long to meet three princesses that no one even cares about. I just wanted our princess to meet some of the other princesses!!! Below are the pictures. Madelyn rarely looked at the camera because she was so enamored with the characters.




Okay, I'm sure you're getting tired of all these pictures, but here are just a few more!


Madelyn has a Pooh chair so when she saw him I think she was a little confused about what to do with him. She tried to lean on him.


After a minute she realized he was not her chair and she gave the "willy, nilly, silly old bear" a little kiss. It even made him blush!



Needless to say, we had an amazing time. Brian and I even made it over to California Adventureland where we rode the Tower of Terror (another favorite of mine) and California Screamin' (a NEW favorite...it was AWESOME!). We'll definitely be back again! M-I-C (See ya real soon) K-E-Y (Why? Because we love you!) M-O-U-S-E!!!!!!!!



2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my goodness!!! Thank you for posting these fun, fun pictures!!! I love them!!! I so wish I could have been there with you!!! That baby is so darn cute!! I especially love the story about Winnie the Pooh!!! I laughed out loud at that one!! I love you all so much!!! Mmmmmm! I can barely contain myself!!!! <3

andrea said...

i cant stop laughing about ariel with legs and no fins. you are the best mom ever. your children will grow up with high expectations not just for life but for the disney princesses in their lives! i LOVE it!!!