The Hazens are officially the worst bloggers ever! Hopefully you can see past that though and still love the few posts that we find time to jot down!! We have so much catching up to do!
Madelyn is almost ten months and is getting into EVERYTHING! She crawls (frequently on all fours so we call her Mowgli), eats EVERYTHING, jabbers all day, and pulls herself up if there is anything nearby to use! She has three little teeth and she's quickly learning how to use them! It is such a fun age!! While moving to Utah, we drove through the Sturgis Motorcycle rally. We had to stop so that Maddie could meet a real biker-chick and "sit" on her motorcycle!
Madelyn also got to ride the tractor and lawn mower with her dad several times this summer!
We went to a Bees game in Salt Lake and Joel introduced Madelyn to the bee. When they got up there was a huge line of kids/parents with cameras also wanting to meet the bee! :)
Brian started school again today. He had a busy summer building a deck and a fence for my parents with my brother Joel. He is now totally into building and tools and watches DIY network/HGTV whenever possible. When we moved back to Provo, we purchased a beautiful used baker's rack that had a few water marks on it. Brian, of course, refinished it for us and now it is as beautiful as the day it was built, I'm sure! The other day Brian called to tell me that he'd checked out seven movies from the Provo Library. The titles: Drywall, Framing a Roof, Framing Floors and Stairs, Laying Hardwood Floors, Installing Trim, and Framing Walls. Needless to say, he has caught the building bug and we will NOT be watching these movies together under a warm blanket. I have attached a few pictures of Brian and Joel's masterpieces below.





I am just being a mom. Trying to keep up with Maddie is busy!! This summer, my Grandma Tjarks gave me a sewing machine and TRIED to teach me how to sew. I'm a work in progress! Thanks to Annicka for helping me get started! I'll post pictures of my projects later!
Anyway, life for the Hazens is good. We love our new apartment, but certainly miss our 201st ward family! We hope you all will come visit us soon. While we may not write anything of our own, we love reading the things you write! Please don't stop! We'll try to be better at blogging in the future!
6 comments:
Love, love, love your posts every time!!! Don't stop!!1 I especially adore pictures of my perfectly perfect granddaughter!!! I love you!!
Mom :)
yea!!! i'm so glad to see you back on here! so fun to see you last week, can't wait to see you again :)
Umm... "just a mom" ?!?! Katie, you do realize that pretty much ANY woman will agree that being a mom is the hardest job ever! You are awesome and I hope that I will get to be just like you soon! :)
Cute monkey background! I am so impressed by that deck! And you made me laugh when you commented on how you wouldn't be watching those movies together cuddling under a blanket. Haha. :) I love HGTV!! I can't wait to have our own place, so we can do projects, building and decorating.
Brian! That deck looks amazing!!! Looks like you guys had fun in South Dakota!!! I can't believe how big Madelyn is getting!! She is adorable!!
Love you guys!!!
Oh, reading this makes me miss you! Too bad we're not still in Provo so we could all hang out...and if Brian wants to start building, he is TOTALLY welcome to build an addition on the cottage, I'm sure. Eric has the same gumption and we did some drywall there, so you never know when it will come in handy ;o)
Post a Comment